Property Litigation Solicitor Manchester
Area of Practice: Property – Litigation
Location: Manchester and Greater Manchester
Type: Private Practice
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Posted On: Tuesday, February 5, 2019
Recruiter Name: Tony Seymour
Recruiter Telephone: 0161 214 7956
Job Reference Number: TS/893614
Property Litigation Solicitor NQ-2 PQE
PROPERTY LITIGATION SOLICITOR / ASSOCIATE – MANCHESTER
Property Litigation Solicitor Manchester – This is a position for an NQ or junior Associate. NQs should have ideally completed a seat in commercial litigation and / or property litigation. The Property Litigation department of this major national practice is currently undergoing a period of growth and the role offers outstanding work with excellent career progression and access to business development at an early stage of your career.
- Job Title: Associate – NQ-2
- Location: Manchester
- Salary: £40,000 – £45,000
- Reports to: Partner
- Previous experience: NQs are actively being considered for this vacancy. Ideally candidates should have completed a seat in Property Litigation and / or Commercial Litigation and a seat in commercial property on their training contract.
PROPERTY LITIGATION SOLICITOR – THE WORK
The work done by the Property Litigation team comes from various sources including SMEs to larger PLCs and blue chip businesses with vast property concerns. The team is also fed work from a considerable public sector base also with considerable commercial property interests which sometimes exposes them to the risk of litigation.
The nature of the caseload involves anything from breach of covenant matters and possession actions to landlord and tenant disputes and dilapidations claims. The team works closely with the transactional commercial property and commercial litigation team and will also provide corporate support where necessary.
As an NQ or junior Associate in the team, you will be expected to cut your teeth in all aspects of the work. Whether assisting on major pieces of litigation or running your own caseload of smaller-value claims, the expectation is to immerse yourself fully. In particular, you will gain experience in:
- Drafting court documents;
- Drafting instructions to counsel;
- Assisting more experienced fee earners, such as preparing trial bundles, managing court diaries, collating information, producing reports and conducting legal research.
KEY SKILLS AND QUALITIES
This is a leading team in the North West and the solicitors within it are passionate about their work. Candidates should demonstrate a keen interest and enthusiasm as well as:
- Impeccable attention to detail;
- The ability to communicate accurately and effectively;
- Excellent time management;
- a practical and commercial approach to problem-solving
The training and career development program on offer is second-to-none, so if you wish to work for a leading national firm offering an unrivalled quality of work, please do not hesitate to apply to find out more.